Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Book Meme

I was tagged by Kristen so I thought that I would make it my first post.

1) One book that changed your life: I feel that a lot of books I have read have influenced me in some way. However, if I am picking one then I pick A Child Called It. After I read this I knew what I wanted to do when I grew up. Now I just need to grow up!

2)One book you have read more than once: I had to read Rich get Richer and Poor get Prison for more than one class, only read it for one though. I try to not read a book more than once since I have so many on my list

3) One book you would want with you on a Desert Island: My first thought was to bring something I had not read but that is a lot and what if it wasn't good and I am stuck with a bad book on my island? So then I thought to bring a fav but even that I am having trouble with. I will have to get back to you.

4) One book that made you laugh: I agree with Kristen that Running with Scissors made me laugh out loud a lot. But the Stephanie Plum Series also makes me laugh :)

5) One book you wish you had written: I just wish I could write. I would love to write about my experiences with my jobs in the future.

6) One book you wish had never been written: I think all books have a right to be written. Even if I don't agree with what was written.

7) One book that made you cry: I read many books that make me cry as I read a lot of books about abused children.

8) One book you are currently reading: A Safe Place

9) One book you have been meaning to read: I have been meaning to read A LOT of books. I have a long list. I am open for ideas of what I should read next.

10) One book you wish everyone would read: I agree with Kriten again with Rich get Richer. I would also add Nickle and Dimed.

People I want to do this:

Lesley
Deb
Erika

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1) One book that changed your life: Probably Feminist Frontiers, the textbook we used in my first Women's Studies class at BC

2)One book you have read more than once: Fahrenheit 451 (First in middle school, then in college--I took a young adult lit class and reread a few from my past, this one was one of my favorites the second time around)

3) One book you would want with you on a Desert Island: These Are My Rivers by Lawrence Ferlinghetti (poetry)

4) One book that made you laugh: Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

5) One book you wish you had written: My answer for this one is probably These Are My Rivers again, I lovelovelove the way Ferlinghetti writes and wish the style were my own.

6) One book you wish had never been written: I can't think of an answer for this one. I really despise Shakespeare but I'd probably just prefer that it hadn't been a requirement for English majors, not necessarily that it be erased from history.

7) One book that made you cry: A Safe Place by Lorenzo Carcaterra

8) One book you are currently reading: A Civil Action by Johanthan Harr (for school), How We Are Hungry by Dave Eggers

9) One book you have been meaning to read: I still haven't read a bunch of the essays in Dwight McBride's Why I Hate Abercrombie & Fitch and would like to.

10) One book you wish everyone would read: Our Guys by Bernard Lefkowitz, Letters to a Young Feminist by Phyllis Chesler

1:18 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Oh, look at you and your big girl blog!

Glad you and lesley did the book meme.

LOVE YOU.

7:05 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

oh...and you should enable your comment verification or you are going to get lots of spam. ok. bye.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea i can finally comment, im glad that you all read a lot, and im glad that i wasnt tagged b/c i wouldnt know what to say...:) cant wait to see you and will you help me get a cool blog when i visit?

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home