Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yes, Intelligent!

Horiscope in today's paper:

"Up comes that topic you're not supposed to bring up in polite conversation. You have several opinions, not all of which fit nicely together. Being able to hold two conflicting opinions on the same issue is a sign of intelligence."

I don't often read my horiscope, but today I was job searching and this was right next to the want adds. Out of curiousity, I read it in hopes it would say "will find a job tomorrow!" I thought this was interesting today. I am not sure what "in polite conversation means" but I am hoping that said something isn't 'up coming' as I don't like confrontation and this seems like something I would not ordinarily want to talk about and is better left unsaid.

I am, however, agreeing with the very last sentence. I often have many internal conflicts on many issues that are important to me. Most of these come with what I believe for me and what I believe should be the law. There are many things I think the government should stay out of but I personally would not do or be involved in.

These "conflicts" clearly now show that I am INTELLIGENT. My horiscope told me that today. Can that go on my resume?

6 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

If it does go on your resume, be sure you spell "intelligent" correctly!! Hehe, good luck. And I don't even need to tell you how freaked out I am about horoscopes...

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea i recommand putting intelligent on your resume, always a good idea:) And you are and not b/c you have conflicting ideas...

6:39 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

please, GOD, spell check your resume

11:06 AM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

hahaha listen punks~ my lack of spelling is endearing ;) I tried to spell check this but for some reason when I click the "spell check" button it didn't work...I am MUCH TOO BUSY to copy and paste it into word and check it :)

6:05 PM  
Blogger calamity said...

hm maybe you should write it in word and then copy paste it into blog shit
i don't mind your spelling i'n just so inteligent i don't see the mistakes :P

3:24 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

HAHAHA thanks :)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home