Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sample Day

When I was younger, I didn't always like going grocery shopping with my mom. Mostly, because it took a long time and I felt that there was something better to do with my time. "Better to do with my time" usually meant watching TV or sleeping. Another reason to hate grocery shopping was because usually, that was not the only thing we had to do and the other running around that we had to do was even worse then grocery shopping. I was mainly in for shopping because it sometimes lead to eating out, which I loved then and still love to do.

Now I love to go grocery shopping; although, I am not as anal as some people are about the way groceries go in the cart, on the belt, or in the bags. However, even with this new love of grocery shopping, I do not want to go every day. I like to get what I need for a couple of weeks and then be done with it. I think this saves time and is less annoying when you go to grab for something that you don't actually have because you were going to get it on 'your next trip to the store'!

Today, though, I saw something that would make we want to go grocery shopping every day. It was sample day at our grocery store. So, you might be thinking that many stores have sample day...get over it. I love samples as much as the next person and it was the only save grace to the grocery store when I was younger. But this was not your ordinary sample day...I had never seen these "samples" before.

They were serving samples of.......VODKA!

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

OH. MY. GOD. that would make me want to go grocery shopping AND then not care how my groceries were loaded onto the belt. I do love me some vodka.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shut up! when i come to chicago we are going grocery shopping.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that should be our first stop...i mean im just saying:) I LOVE YOU LOTS AND MISS YOU

2:41 AM  
Blogger calamity said...

vodka ha? was it any good?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

HAHA it was a decent brand of vodka...Next time I am predrinking at the store!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home