Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Goals....not resolutions

I haven't made a New Year's resolution since I was in middle school and had to write an essay about what my resolution was and why. Even then, I am not sure I actually made it "my" resolution or just created one that everyone claims to be their resolution just to finish the essay/journal assignment. This year is no different. I am, however, going to try to make goals for myself. Things that I actually hope to accomplish....we will see how much I do.

1) Read 60 books. Yes, 60, I know it seems like an odd number, but there is method to my madness. I have a list of most of the books I hope to read (leaving numbers free for some books that are coming out this year at some point) and they include some of Stienbeck, Jane Austin, Tim Robbins, and more. If you have one that you think I should read, feel free to let me know.

2) Take a spinning class. Erika also has this on her goals so I am hoping together we can help each other make this happy. This entails going to more then one class even though my body will want to die after one.

3) Take a dance class. This is something I always said I would do when I moved here and I am yet to even look into it. Oops!

4) Shop less/budget money better. I pay my bills but I am a HORRIBLE saver...this is something that I should have gotten better at by now. Guess the saying is true, there is no time like the present!

5) Become more adventerous in foods. I have been getting better but there is always room for improvement.

6) Keep in touch with friends better. I do really well for a week or two and then go a mo (or two) with out having any form of contact.

7) This one I am saving for a later day....I don't need to just make goals because of the new year :)

4 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

i start spin on wednesday. i hope u r ready. and i may be able to help u be more adventurous w. food.... after all, i am only 1/2 american:-)

10:22 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

you should check out 50books.blogspot.com

she reads 50 books a year and writes about them...it is a great blog.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

8) Meet neighbors in ways that don't require dialing 9-1-1 first

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Matt, she already met the neighbors. Why would she meet them all over again? That's just silly.

Love,

SWAFF

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home