Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Year End Review

HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE :) Looking back, I realize that 2006 was actually a very interesting year. As every year there are ups and downs. Things I wish I could do over and things I wish I would have never done. Here are some of those moments. Feel free to add your own (even if they don't involve me but I would love it if they were about me. After all, it is all about me :)

Jan:
MG turns 21 :) (It is about time!!!!!)
Trip to a debate tourney helps me realize how important old friends are
Moved in with a boy :)

Feb:
Kristen's Bacholorette Weekend. How could I forget Willie???

Theresa's Bacholorette Weekend

March:
See my first Jazz concert

Watch Miss Saigon with Kath Kath

April:
NFA 2006 (how could I forget?)
Travel to Boston to see one of my SILS!

Pulled off the greatest prank EVER :) (Sorry Kristen!)

May:
Finish college (about time!)

Be in my first wedding

June:
Get a brother

Being part of SILS becomes official
WEDDING WEEK :)
Name gets painted on a bar for assisting in beer list (Lili did most of the drinking!)

July:
Celebrate the 4th in Bay Harbor

Sign my lease to the cutest apartment ever
Sell Jane :(
First time having a beer bottle thrown at my head

Aug:
MOVE TO CHICAGO!!!!!!

Lallapolooza

Sept:
Found a job to pay my rent

MG and Kelly visit for his Bday (cooper misses you!)

Oct:
See Jenny Lewis with Deb
First trip to Target alone and not getting lost
Get back to Mich for an overdue visit

Nov:
First time with no roommate for a weekend

First Turkey Day with out Kristen

Dec:
First "grown up" party

Took a tumble....out of my bed (oops!)
Tried to burn down my apartment
New baby Cousin, Hunter

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this boy you moved in with? And could I kick his ass?

It would take too long for me to list all of the happenings of 2006, so I'll say it was an interesting year, full of ups and downs. But now is time to look toward 2007. I'll make some resolutions here for you so you can keep me honest...

1. Finish my thesis.

2. Travel to see my friends that I have neglected these past few months, including...
a. visit Dr. Chris Duffy, DC, in Montana,
b. visit Kourt, Deb, and Kristy in Chicago,
c. visit Devin, Lissa, Tyrie, and the crew in Lincoln, and
d. visit family in Colorado.

That's all I've got for now...but that should work for a while. By the way, Happy New Year. May this year bring you great adventure, excitement, and happiness.

SWAFF

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

How is it that Dr. Chris Duffy is before the Chicago crew!?!?! Please!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I've know him longer. But if it makes you feel better, you are much closer so I would most likely come see you first. Don't mistake the placement on the list for the love in my heart. :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Cptn. Backfire said...

pretty sure there's no mention of 2006 NFA. this is unacceptable.

4:38 PM  
Blogger erika said...

i dont remember the month but how about: almost getting electrocuted while being hypothermic on the pine river

10:24 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

HAHA Oh that was July MG....how could I ever forget almost being killed?!?!

Kyle: Thought about putting NFA but didn't know how to word it b/c NFA itself wasn't that good but hanging out and the last night of NFA hands down a great memory!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home