Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Reason number 127........

That my roommate and I have the best connection ever. On the way back from getting the mail today we both pushed the up button for a different elevator. When both doors open at the same time we both looked at each other and knew that IT WAS ON! We both jump into our respective elevator and push the number ten. I can hear us both laughing a little bit. I briefly think back to the last time I had an elevator race (in the third grade!) and fully intend on spending my trip up 10 floors remembering simpler days until, suddenly, just as my door was about to close a girl jumps in MY elevator and says I am coming up. She then pushes the 8th floor, she does not even have the decency to realize there is an important elevator race going on. Because of my slight pit stop I find myself on the 10th floor moments after Lesley's elevator has dropped her off and gone to the next destination. I then walk the walk of shameful loss to my door, only to find, that IT WAS LOCKED!

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

you crazy kids...

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story made me smile.

12:47 AM  
Blogger erika said...

why didn't u tell the girl to use the stairs. i would have.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home