Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Everyone is a little odd...some are just a lot odd!

Almost everyone thinks that they are a great roommate. I, also, have fallen victim to thinking that I am the worlds best roommate (okay...I really am!) but when you live with new people you tend to start noticing little things you do that others don't. You notice things that just aren't normal! I have decided to post some of the things that I tend to do that apparently, others don't!


* I can't stand the shower curtain to be open! I don't like to see in the shower unless I am IN the shower.

* I can't stand my feet to be dirty. I mean, I don't like to feel things on the bottom of my feet (Crumbs on the floor, dust from the city or anything else you might walk on.) I swiffer or vacuum our floors...A LOT! This has been a challenge since I live in a city and cities are dirty!

* I can't stand silence. I must have music or the tv on at all times. This, I am sure, is really annoying as my roommate is attempting to read a law case that makes no sense!

* My closet has to be color coded. I am not an anal person when it comes to being organized, and never have been, but this is something that I have always done. Even in high school when you couldn't see the floor of my room....my closet was color coded!

* I like to cook. The odd part comes in that I ALWAYS cook enough food for double the amount eating. The sad part is that I tend to hate left overs!

* I am addicted to junk food. I also get a lot of food cravings and when I am hungry for something I want it ASAP! This means many trips to the CVS or the grocery store on our blocks. I am sure that will stop in a month when there is snow on the ground!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"but when you live with new people you tend to start noticing little things you do that others don't. You notice things that just aren't normal!"

Does this mean that your next post is going to be the things that I do that aren't normal?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

hahahahaha I assumed that you were the normal one....silly me :)

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my roomate likes to put all my utensils pitcher in one specific spot, so no matter where i move it the next time i walk into the kitchen its back to the same spot, i like to move it around just to see how long she will move them back until she says something . . .

5:37 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Um, you also have a strange affinity for exclamation points!!!!!!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

Just punctuation in general Matt!

Sarah~ I used to do that to Ann with this candle her and I had on the top of our stairs. She liked the lid on (it was an egg shape so did look funny with it off) and Emily and I kept taking it off every time we walked by....it never go old :)

5:55 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

woahhhh....you're weird. it would suck to live with you. i feel bad for people who had to do it for like 14 years...

except the shower curtain thing. i hate it to be open, too. mainly b/c it gets all modly when the liner is stuck together.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate the shower curtain open as well. i also can not stand dirty stoves and water left on countertops...yuck! so compared to me, i would say u are normal.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sould like a shitty roommate.
-KD

9:37 AM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

I am soooo with you on the shower thing and the junk food. Sounds like you'rea good roomie, actually. :-)

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home