Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Here's your sign

When moving to the windy city, I stupidly assumed that I would encounter people with more common sense. Turns out, no! There are people everywhere that need to be given a sign stating their stupidity. The stories below are, in fact, true and are not actors. Please do not try this in your city or shopping experiences. (Side note: In a shocking turn of events, this was written at work. Along with my to do list for tonight!)


1) When you look around and see petite signs in the windows and walls, you are, indeed, on the petites floor. We are not trying to trick you!


2) If you hold up a small and do not like the shirt, you do not need to dig through the pile and find a large. It looks the same as the small, only a little bigger. You still will not like it!

3) If you hate the colors ivory, brown, gold or any thing in between then please do not buy a skirt only matching those colors. You will not like what I show you!

4) Do not tell me you are only looking for a certain color but do not care what the style is like. When I show you 4 or 5 different styles and you hate all of them, you clearly care! Tell me what you want to speed the process up. I am sure you have other retail stores to annoy!

5) Please do not get mad at me when a design isn't as long or short as you would have liked. I sell not design. But next time I have lunch with the designers I will be sure to let them know your feelings. I am sure they care.

6) When you try on a basic dress keep in mind that it will look basic. Sure you can add accessories to "jazz it up a bit," but it will still be basic. Please do not complain to me that what you are trying on is boring. What do you expect from something that is basic?

7) When shopping on Michigan Avenue on a Saturday or Sunday you must realize that it will busy. You are not the only person looking for a size 2. Please don't expect me to have your size on the rack all the time or be annoyed when it takes me a few minutes to track your skirt down that you don't even end up buying. If you want your size waiting for you when you feel like looking for it then shop on line!

8) You might be on Mich Ave but it isn't Rodeo Drive. I don't serve you water or wine. Please do not ask me what I do when I am thirsty. I do what every one does when they want something to drink. I go upstairs to the food court and get myself a pop. No! I am not going up to get you a pop.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so its comforting to know that annoying people also reside in chicago and not just northern michigan tourists!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

All in all, it sounds like you're loving your work experience! And I'm sorry, but any clothing store with multiple levels should have a small area to escape to for a short breather. Perhaps you include some cherry coke, popcorn, and chicken friend rice?

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha chicken "friend" rice. i like it.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chicken "friend" rice makes me thing our our little girl @ house of hunan!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I hate both of you.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

MG...are you drunk!?!?! ;)

10:43 PM  
Blogger calamity said...

i´m afraid i shouldn´t shop at your store, i think i´m one of those people with a diference: i search for the clothes on my own, i don´t need any help, only my bf to hold the selected items while i try to find some more
;)

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wasnt drunk when i wrote this.... when i called u the other night, yes.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Cptn. Backfire said...

9)It's been almost a week since you've updated and you don't return phone calls. You suck. Here's your sign.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously kourt, it has been a week now. and we do not tolerate overdue bloggers in this apartment missy.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home