Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just isn't the same.....

Over the years, I have been known the change my hair....A LOT! I tend to get board with the cut I have or the color that it is, so I just change it. To me, my hair is the one thing that I can change often and it doesn't matter. It grows back, you can cut it some more, you can dye it back or you can add highlights. Since I have been here, I have not cut or changed the color of my hair. Even though, I had the dye to use on my hair because I bought it before I left. Last night I decided that it was time for a change. We colored my hair. When I say we, I really mean Lesley did the coloring and sat there and ate some chicken fried rice.

Even though I change my hair all the time, I still have those nervous feelings of how it will turn out as I am having it done. Will it look all right? What if the color looks bad or does not turn out. What if my hair is orange? Did my scalp tingle like this the last time I had dye on it? I can't remember. None of these feelings are justified, however, because, since I have been deciding how I want my hair to be cut or colored, I have never had something that I did not like. Those feelings come, just the same.

Last night, as I was washing the dye out of my own hair, I realized that it might be cheaper to do it at home, but it just isn't the same. The best part of having your hair cut or colored is that some one washes it for you and then styles it. Mostly, it is just that some one else washes it. I think everyone can agree, that having your hair washed and your head massaged by some one else is the best part to getting your hair done.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If my barber started massaging my head I would flip out. It's that simple. It would not be a welcomed thing.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

last time i was at ashleys she burnt my head, the water was SOOO hott.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'll notice that you forgot the word "I" in a particular spot that makes it look like I colored your hair while sitting and eating chicken fried rice when, in fact, that was you.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Having a stranger dig their fingers into my scalp is not my idea of a good time. NO THANKS. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.

7:40 PM  
Blogger calamity said...

i love people going through my hair: i purr like a cat when so. i used to do this: when i would have to wash my hair i would go to have my hair dyed so someone else would wash it for me. that reminds me i need to dye my hair soon
:p

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home