Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Why???

Have you ever noticed that people feel the need to try things for themselves? Sure, if some one tells you that the soup is good, you should take a bite. That makes sense. It also makes sense to go to a store having great sales after some one told you, "Store Y is having great sales!" There is a time and a place for you to try things for yourself. The situations below are not those times!

** Pulling on a locked door after you walk up to a group of people waiting outside of said door and they tell you that it is, in fact, locked. I am not standing outside this door (in the rain) to get my daily shower. I took that at home!


** Knocking on a locked store door after you pull on it, to see that it is locked and not open, and also read the store hours that are posted ON the door. Yup, you are right, we are closed! But since you knocked, I guess I will let you in!


** Pushing the up button (or down for that matter) when people are waiting by the elevator doors already. Also, the funny thing about elevators is that when the button has been pushed, IT LIGHTS UP. If you see that it is lit up, there is no need to push it again. If you aren't a three year old child, it isn't cute to push it multiple times.


** Look at the clock after you ask me what the time is and I tell you. If you thought I either couldn't tell time or that I would trick you and tell you the wrong time, why did you ask me???

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my favorite thing that people do at my job is when they're looking for a movie, and they have to bring the empty box up with them to show it to me, so they can say "do you have this?" Like I wouldn't know what you meant if you just said the words "do you have Curious George" or "do you have The Lake House." Not like I work in a movie store

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, this just brings me back to the restaurant days. how about the one where the entire restaurant is full, the line is to the door and somebody asks if the wait for their order will be very long. Or when you answer the phone and it is clearly loud due to the large number of people in the restaurant and the person on the other line says: wow, r busy?

3:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i really enjoy when someone is telling me about what a horrible experience they had doing Y, as I am about to do Y:)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home