Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Meet George Jetson

I was never a big fan of cartoons, and The Jetsons was no different. However, I do remember a few things from that show that I wish I had access too. First, I would love to have those motorized vehicals that they drive around. How quickly could you get from place A to place B? A lot faster then public transportation.

I would also love to have the button machine. I am sure this is not the proper name for said machine, so let me explain what I mean. The machine that Jude or Elroy could push a button with a picture next to it and after a few seconds that would appear for them to eat. I would have one of the most recent created that had different departments. There would be a drink department, a breakfast department, sandwich department and many more. Here are some of the buttons I would be able to press:

Bagel with Veggie Cream Cheese
Scrambled eggs with cheese
O.J. (with or without vodka)
Coffee (with many flavor options)
Caramel Mocha with Wip Cream
Chicken Fried Rice (With a fortune cookie. This seems like an obvious addition but mine has been coming with out fortune cookies quite often lately, but that is a different blog post!)
Mashed potatoes with homemade beef gravy
Movie Theater Popcorn (I like it with butter but to be sure all guests are happy you could get it w/o)
Jimmy Johns number 11 Country Club
Potbelly Turkey and Swiss
Kodiaks (their soup, ceasar salad, and a few of their sandwiches)
Kath Kath's chex mix

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

HAHAh yea wouldnt THAT be nice...i would like the machine they had where you just walked onto the conveyor belt and it showered you, did your hair, makeup and dressed you. That would be nice and save me lots of problems...

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best idea ever! haha. although, i think you may want a bar dept. and you could order any kind of drink you want. But i suppose that oj with vodka IS a breakfast option.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Um, pickles?? And Yellowtail wine?

9:11 PM  
Blogger calamity said...

i love your entry in this post. the way you go from cartoons to the food you like - great technique.

now that i was away from home i missed home food soooooooo much i really should take that button with me next time i go for a trip

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home