Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

You have been cut out...

There are many people who come in and out of our lives. Everyone plays a role of some sort on our lives when they are in and leave something behind when they are out. The role, or what is left behind, might have extreme influence on us or be nothing more then something we think about from time to time. Sometimes there comes a time when you need to cut people out of your life. This isn't a vindicive cut out just a time that you no longer have a need to be in their life or them in yours. This "cut out" involves steps. You start by taking them off of your aim. Not blocking them, just taking the name off so you can't see them. You want to keep the option there for awhile so that if THEY should want to contact YOU they can. When they don't contact you in whatever time line you have set then the phone is next. There is no need to have a number in your phone of some one you do not talk to. When was the last time you talked to them? The drunk message you left on their phone two months prior does not count so today is the day.....hit the delete button. You still have their facebook friendship so you are able to see things are going well for them. You check out the pictures from time to time when there has been an update but that is about it. You know it is time to make this final step of making them be just a memory. You just need a couple more days. This is final. The last form of communication you would have a chance at is this and it is a big step to eliminate that step. Then you realize that they took that step first. They no longer have their facebook account. Even though you knew it was time you wanted to be the one to hit the button "remove friend" What if it was too soon? What if I think of something tomorrow I want to tell them? A story I remember? The kicker is, that I will not come up with that said story or memory. I just wanted to be the one to make that final step. Now it is as though they cut me out....I don't like to be cut out.....even if I was going to cut them out any way.

6 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

well u can't cut me out! i'll just keep comin back!... but i definately know what you mean. sometimes its just better to think about the good times you HAD as opposed to the times you NO LONGER have. i too still struggle with cutting a person out. for some reason i think she will call sometime and things will be fine. i am coming to the realization that its not worth the wait. there are so many other people waiting to make an impression, we just have to make room for them. and if that means cutting someone out. then so be it:-)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

Oh my MG....I love you lots :)

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that is why you never talk to me...I've been cut off. Damn. If I wasn't sitting in class right now, I would break down in tears and cry. That...and if I was capable of tears, since I am all that is "Man."

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I've gotten to the point that I move about every 3 years (on average). There are folks that I haven't talked to in years. We never had a falling out...we just didn't keep in touch. Some of those folks I have run into over the years and we have had good time remembering the ol' days. But that also doesn't bump those folks up into my inner circle (even if they were once a member). It's sad, but that's life.

But then again, I'm pretty bad about staying in touch with friends that aren't right here. I get wrapped up in what I'm doing and just don't reach out to others. I'm trying to do better, but I'm also trying to live my life where it is (SE Ohio this week).

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to remember to put my signature on these posts. Sorry.

SWAFF

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard to read something so personal. I only hope that this is not the way that you feel about all your "long-lost friends". I absolutely love reconnecting and finding out how peoples lives have changed and what is going on now. I do agree that it is tough to wait around and actually after a time the waiting needs to be done, but what if after a time we come back. Is there no room for us anymore??

3:44 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

Oh silly Amy...there is always room for you :) (Even if I do still call you by the wrong last name...I can't get used to the DZ :)

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home