Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

We would be best friends!

Many people who read this have heard me say on many of occasions, "I think we would be best friends!" The "we" that I am referring to would be a a star that I happen to be watching in a movie, listening to their music, watching their tv show, or anything in between. My list of "friends" are Reese Witherspoon, Mandy Moore, Rachel McAdams, Damien Rice, Camaron Diaz and that is just the short list! Sure, some of what the friend attraction is that I have enjoyed their work, but that is not the only aspect of our "friendship" For some of them I agree with and love how they speak out on things like feminism, pollution and violence. For some of them I enjoy how they act in interviews and think they are just fun people. Other "friends" that I have I feel that they do interesting things and it would be fun to tag along some times. I have made a new friend recently. This isn't a new obsession, exactly, but just an increased realization that we would be great friends....maybe even more ;) Zach Braff. His sense of humor, taste in music, books that he reads and things he speaks out on make us very compatible friends. I think we might be compatible fore more then friends too. After all, he did date my best friend Mandy :) Some might say I obsess too much but I just say other wise. So Zach, if you read this, call me :)

13 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

i do this too, maybe that is why WE are friends:-) Some of my "friends" i put on the list simply because i think they would provide entertainment (J. Simpson & Jo from OC Housewives). Others (LC from Laguna & Hills) because i pretty much know everything that has happened in their lives that we might as well be friends. Some days i wish these people could replace some of my real life friends. not you. but i have a short list.

3:37 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm sorry but if you were friends with Cameron Diaz, I would disown you. She bugs me in a very large way. And...she can't act...so there's that.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Hopefully Zach shares the same hatred for spelling and grammar that you do!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

I don't like any movie that she has been in Kristen but I like that she drives a eco friendly car, speaks out on fem issues and enviro issues. Not to mention isn't getting married until every one can get married...

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just confused about the "recent new friend." You have been telling me for two years how much you love Zach in Garden State. I would have thought that was a long established "friendship."

[You can tell how tired I am right now, because I am engaging in a chat about your "friendships" with celebrities you have never met. God I need sleep.]

SWAFF

9:16 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

yeah...but she also did charlie's angel (a pretty anti-fem movie), she just did The Holiday in which she found herself by finding another man...etc, etc, etc

yey to an eco-friendly car and being pro gay marriage but in general...those things don't outweigh all the stupid things she says in interviews or doing stupid things like giggling the entire way through Gore's keynote at the ecoconference last week(when she was ON STAGE).

so, maybe you wouldn't be friends?!?! TAKE IT BACK! now reese?! she's cool...

10:29 AM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

I am not forcing YOU to be friends with her...you have not liked plenty of my friends along the way. Besides, my friend JT dated her for a long time...she can't be that bad. Yeah she does dumb things but hello! Have you met me? I am queen of dumb things!

10:41 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

um....if she was your friend, i would be forced to see her! so she can just be your acquaintance. that is all...i'm putting my foot down.

zach braff? good...i like him.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

Okay...lets make a deal. If you make ZB happen for me I will ditch Cameron os a friend. She isn't THAT important to me :)

9:02 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Wait...what if Zach makes you choose between he and Mandy?!!?

uh oh...trouble in fantasy paradise

7:46 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

OK...i will give you this...Diaz has kickass arms...so she would be helpful in the working out department

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is everyone forgetting that Cameron Diaz was in "Being John Malkovich?" That movie was pretty great.

1:29 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

true, jake...but her role was clearly...um...unforgettable. even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and again.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home