Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Do blonds have more fun?

I get board easily. Especially with my hair styles. I think I am addicted to cutting my hair, dying my hair or whatever else you can do to hair. Since moving to the city that addiction has been put to a stop. But, I have been getting restless. I was sick of my boring brown hair, styling it the same boring way and was annoyed at my split ends. Last night I made the decision! I was going to slowly become blond again! Or should I go darker? Okay, so the decision of color was not made last night. What was made was the decision to find a hair place to go and get a trim and color today. Problem was every place I was finding was way over my budget. That is, until I found THIS one! A hair institute is a perfect place to get your hair done. I need cheap and they need practice. Win win!

Cut to this morning when I called to make an appointment and was told they could get me in. They could get me in April 27th! No, no....that was not going to work. I shall go up there today and attempt to be a walk in. When I showed up there were people on the list before me. I texted Lili that things were not looking good. 1:15 comes and I am about to leave (Appointments were for 1:00) when I hear a soft Kourtney called. Did they just call me name??? Don't get excited Kourt. It is probably to tell you there are no appointments. What is that in his hands? A clip board? YESSSSS I GOT IN :)

As I was filling out my paper work and signing the release form, the form that said I knew they were students and I would not hold Aveda personally responsible for any damage that could happen, (Um damage?) In walked a woman there for her 1:00 appointment. The guy behind the desk said that it was given away. She said why, it was only 1:17. He said yes, and we give them away at 1:15. She could make another one for April 27th if she would like. I took a couple steps back in hopes she would not notice that I was the one taking her appointment. Her loss is my gain. Yes, karma is a bitch so I was worried that "damage" would happen to my hair since I was taking some one's appointment....a risk I was willing to take.

One down fall to having students cut and color your hair is that it does take a long time. Time that I am willing to spend when I can get a cut and two colors in my hair for the prices of a cut at other places. I also learned another lesson today. You can not fight with gay stylists about hair styles. The instructor that was in charge of the students took a liking to my colors and hair style. When he came over to "check the cut" he told me he was going to cut bangs.

"This color looks great. I am going to add some bangs to the cut."
"Well, I am not a huge bang person normally. I tend to not like it in my face."
"It is okay. I will cut bangs and it will add some style"
"Um, well, okay. If that is what you think."

** Pictures will be up when I do something picture worthy

9 Comments:

Blogger alison claire said...

i want to see!!!!!! that's hilarious.

8:39 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

WAIT...you got bangs?!?! After I told you I wanted them and you told me not to do it...was that the plan?!?!

I want bangs.

8:51 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

me again...still not believing you got bangs.

me. not believing.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

HAHA did you not read the convo where it says I did not have much choice???

Kristen, I have a great idea...you should get bangs :)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

OOO post a picture..come on

12:52 AM  
Blogger erika said...

first of all its great to hear u were supporting students! i know how it feels. second, i am glad u are finding all these secret/great things in the city so when i come it will be all taken care of:-) i am sure it looks great. i have some bangs and yes they are annoying but YES they look great as well. just another sacrifice to look fabulous!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

ok...i have bangs and i love them. except now my coworkers call me "becca bangs"! welcome to the bangs club. :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Wish I could be in the bang club...but SOMEONE told me she didn't think we "looked good with bangs...."

POOR KRISTEN.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

HA those were NOT my words.....what I said was you would get sick of them. I have a solution. Come back here and I will get you into Aveda and they will "force" bangs on you as well :)

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home