Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Who are you!??!

It might be shocking to some of you, but over the years I have been named a picky eater. Yes, it is true. People could walk into any restaurant and say what I was going to order because it is usually the same thing. Lately, however, some of you might be a little surprised. It might be safe to say that you might not know who I am any more as far as my food tastes go. Here are some of my latest loves that I never would have touched:

1) Salmon. I love myself some salmon salad and smoked salmon!
2) Sushi. This is still in baby step forms but I did not hesitate to try anything Friday night.
3) Wings. I normally would have never touched chicken wings on the bone...now, though, I am not even phased. I even dip into the spicy side of sauses!
4) Steak with pinkness. A few years ago I would rather have starved then eaten red meat that had any part slightly pink. Now, not so much.
5) Guacamole. This isn't a new development just newer. I could eat this every day if it was around the apartment!

Tastes that have not changed:
1) My love for juicy juice
2) Hate for mayo and things with mayo as an ingredient
3) Bar food. Love it all (especially now that I like wings)
4) Disgust of soups with seafood in it
5) Caesar Salads....Could eat this every day. Now I just add salmon sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Your 'love' for Juicy Juice? You drink gallons a week. That's not a 'love', that's a way of life.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I dont know if im going to recognize this new you:)

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home