Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Chicago Must Sees

Even though it has been a long time (a month and a half to be exact!) since I last posted, don't think for a minute that I did not do a new "Chicago" thing in February. When I first heard of the place I enoyed in February I was slightly hesitant about going. I have been to similar places, or so I thought, and wasn't sure it was the type of place that I wanted to go that night. However, the night turned out to be one of the more fun nights I have had in a while.

Upon first being described to me, I thought that this was going to be a lot like the Kit Kat. Sure, there were "female impersonators" just like at the Kit Kat; however, it was MUCH different. After you have your tickets your group is placed at a table where each person has a two drink minimum. All of the individuals working there were a much older crowd then you tend to see working at a lounge bar in the city. I was told that the "show" would last a little over an hour and that it should start shortly. After we recieved our first round of drinks the lights dimmed and the music from the Broadway Chicago came blaring through out the lounge and out came 6 "women" lip singing. Each woman had there own unique personality that showed through out the show with each song they did, whether it was a song alone or a group song.

The bar is one that has been in Chicago for many years and you can tell that from everything inside. From the tables you sit at, from the carpet you walk on, and even to the stale bowling ally smell you are over come with with you walk in, it is exactly as it was when it first opened. It is all part of the charm. I would recommend any one to go to The Baton at least once in their lifetime.

After you have enjoyed the show, you can walk around the corner and enjoy one of my favorite bars in Chicago. Swirl is the perfect place for any group of people to hang out. It has many comfortable chairs and couches to hang out with a larger group or a few round top tables where smaller groups can sit. No matter where you sit you will always be able to hear the people you are conversing with and have a great time.

4 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Swirl looks awesome!

8:36 PM  
Blogger erika said...

i'm still rooting for the hange uppe;-)

12:45 PM  
Blogger erika said...

you can now add your new apt. to the Chicago Must Sees:-) oh and you can add me to the Chicago-ish must sees. haha.

10:15 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Another month of inactivity and your blog gets the boot from my roll!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home