Trials and tribulations of someone new to Chicago

There is great big city, on a great big lake, called Chicago. When the sun goes down, it is wide awake!

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Infamous Proust Questionnaire

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Sleeping in, laying around in the best bed in the softest sheets.
2. What is your greatest fear? Failing/people being disappointed in me
3. Which historical figure do you most identify with? I would hope it would be E. Roosevelt or Jackie O.....
4. Which living person do you most admire? My mom
5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My lack of emotion....and then too much emotion at other times...
6. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Lack of acceptance
7. What is your greatest extravagance? Shopping and eating out...I shouldn't!
8. What is your favorite journey? Don't Stop Believing...I mean....(Haha Kristen is funny!) I would say the one I am on now
9. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? All of the ones I don't have :) (Patience, selflessness...you get the idea!)
10. On what occasion do you lie? When I tell people at work something looks great...it doesn't :)
11. What do you dislike most about your appearance? My curves and being pale!!!!
12. Which living person do you most despise? George W. Bush HERE HERE!!!!!!!
13. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Right? No no! At work I say Perfect a lot...
14. What is your greatest regret? Regrets mean you have not let go....I don't believe in regrets
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Cherry Coke and Chocolate....
16. Which talent would you most like to have? Ability to write and sing. I would love to be able to write lyrics
17. What is your current state of mind? Annoyed at the jack hammer outside
18. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? I could see them more
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Being "on my own" in a city!
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? Probably some one that has characteristics that are opposite of me now......
21. If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? Wild Flowers
22. What is your most treasured possession? Certain things people have given me over the years......One day I shall tell you all what those possessions are.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Being alone and closed minded
24. Where would you like to live? Chicago :) (London if my family was coming with me....)
25. What is your favorite occupation? Creating social programs for juveniles or inmates....Any one know of any?
26. What is your most marked characteristic? Being nice?
27. What is the quality you most like in a man? Intelligence and humor Ditto
28. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Intelligence and humor Ditto
29. What do you most value in your friends? Intelligence and humor Ditto
30. Who are your favorite writers? Nick Hornby, Steinbeck, J. Weiner...and many more
31. Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Great question.....Jo March maybe? I am not sure
32. Who are your heroes in real life? My Parents
33. What are your favorite names? (I like how Kristen has names picked out but wants no children ;) Kourtney LeeAnn is my fav name :)
34. What is it that you most dislike? Mayo!
35. How would you like to die? Quick and easy
36. What is your motto?[I'm adding two from the original questionnaire here} In the end it is not the years in your life but the life in your years that matter!
37. Who is your favorite painter? How about photographer.....Alison Shermeta and Ansel Adams
38. Who is your favorite musician?[and one of my own} The Beatles (I guess John Lennon is my fav of them...)
39. What is your favorite song? Yesterday, Let it Be, Sweetness in Starlight

3 Comments:

Blogger alison claire said...

YAY!!!!! you are my favorite photographer, too. <3<3!!!!! (that made my day!)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I seriously am soo proud of your greatest achievement. I love being able to tell people that you live in the big city and are making it on your own. Good job. Additionally, you have given me the inspiration to go out on my own in a city. Thank you for that.

6:29 PM  
Blogger T-Mac said...

You rock! :-)

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home